Experienced Lake Charles Criminal Lawyer Stands Up for Defendants’ Rights
Reputable law firm also assists Southwest Louisiana clients facing divorce and other family disputes
If you have been charged with a crime, a seasoned attorney can help you get the best possible outcome. At Hawkins Legal in Lake Charles, I fight to uphold the rights of my clients no matter their legal situations. As a former senior felony prosecutor in Louisiana, my in-depth understanding of the state’s criminal justice system serves to benefit the individuals I defend. I also dedicate a portion of my practice to family law and have the demonstrated trial background needed to effectively resolve complex divorce-related issues. With nearly 25 years’ experience practicing law in Southwest Louisiana, you can rely on me to stand up for your interests and work to get you fair and just results.
Dedicated attorney provides trustworthy representation
When you are facing a stressful legal problem, it’s important to have confidence in the attorney who represents you. The reason clients trust my law firm with their cases is because I provide:
- Aggressive representation — As a deft and assertive litigator, I won’t back down against even the toughest prosecutors or opposing attorneys when my clients’ interests are at stake.
- Experienced leadership — With my strong background in criminal law, including as a former prosecutor, I have the experience needed inside and outside of the courtroom to protect the rights of people accused of a wide variety of crimes.
- Compassionate guidance — During my many years as an attorney, I’ve witnessed the anxiety that legal problems cause. I’ll listen carefully to your concerns and address them with sensitivity and compassion.
When you hire my firm, you will work directly with me and get the benefit of my strong knowledge of Louisiana law, built over more than two decades practicing in the state.
Hardworking legal advocate effectively handles complex criminal and family law cases
My law firm represents clients in these two main areas:
- Criminal law — The majority of my firm’s focus is in criminal law, where I fight for justice and the best possible outcomes for people accused of misdemeanors and felonies that include DUI/DWI (also known in Louisiana as operating under the influence, or OWI), drug crimes, theft, assault and battery, domestic violence crimes, sex crimes and even homicide. Additionally, I help eligible clients remove their criminal records from public view through the expungement process.
- Family law — My law firm represents clients in divorce cases and ensures their interests are upheld in disputes surrounding child custody, property division, child support and spousal support payments as well as other family law areas.
I am dedicated to easing the path forward for individuals undergoing what are often life-changing circumstances. When you work with my firm, you’ll receive personalized service and support. Your case will never be treated as just another number.
Contact a respected Louisiana lawyer for help with your criminal case or family law problem
At Hawkins Legal in Lake Charles, I bring nearly 25 years of legal experience to representing Southwest Louisiana clients in a wide range of criminal defense and family law cases. To schedule a consultation, call my firm at 337-312-4109 or contact me online.