Assertive Louisiana Family Law Attorney Handles Divorce and Parenting Matters
Committed law firm assists individuals and families in the Lake Charles area
There is nothing more important than protecting your family. When your marriage or relationship ends and you’re faced with challenges to the security of your children or the home you've built, an aggressive family law attorney will fight to protect your interests. At Hawkins Legal, I am a committed Louisiana family lawyer who represents clients in the Lake Charles area and throughout Louisiana. Whether you need forceful advocacy for the end of your marriage, child custody and support, alimony, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, adoption, or other domestic issues, I will press for the most favorable outcome possible.
Determined Louisiana attorney advocates for the best interests of children
To ensure a secure future for your children after a divorce, Hawkins Legal provides strong legal counsel and determined advocacy. I handle matters including:
- Child support — Parents share the responsibility of supporting their children. I will seek an arrangement in which you receive or pay an equitable amount of the financial support required to raise your children.
- Child custody and visitation — I advocate for parenting time to be divided in a way that grants a child stability and safety and preserves your parental bond. I fight for clients' rights to make decisions about how their children are raised.
- Adoption — A biological parent’s change of heart or an immigration problem can turn the joy of adoption into a nightmare. I assist with the complex legal process of adoption so you can add to your family.
- Juvenile delinquency — If your child ends up in trouble with the law, their future and your parenting rights may be threatened. When authorities interfere with your rights, a zealous advocate can help to cut the bureaucratic red tape.
In all of these matters, I work tirelessly to protect your children’s welfare and your rights as a parent.
Strategic counselor handles divorce, alimony and property division
I help clients to end their marriage with as little stress as possible, but when the situation demands litigation, I won’t hesitate to press your rights in court. Whether your breakup is contested or amicable, I provide comprehensive support for:
- Divorce — I will guide you through the divorce process so that your rights are protected and you can move forward with confidence.
- Spousal support — My law firm fights for the best possible settlement or judgment in regard to spousal support payments, whether you must pay alimony or will receive it.
- Property division — I will advocate for a fair allocation of your marital estate and debt, ensuring the court has a full financial accounting.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — I draft and review prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that protect your interests and can alleviate some of the stress and uncertainty should you ever divorce.
Mediation may be useful in helping you and your partner to achieve amicable agreements about issues involving your children, property and finances. When it is impossible to find solutions on which both parties can agree, however, you can depend on me to advocate for your best interests in court. As a skilled negotiator and tough litigator, I won’t rest until I've reached the best possible outcome for you.
Contact a zealous Louisiana family law attorney
Hawkins Legal is experienced in all family law matters. Call me at or contact me online to schedule a consultation with a tenacious family law attorney. My office is located in Lake Charles.